- Sunday, February 3, 2019 – The Terry Myers Orchestra’s tribute to Benny Goodman. Venice Performing Arts Center. Venice, 2 p.m.
Peter & Will AndersonWednesday, February 6 – Trombonist Andy Martin guests with the Naples Philharmonic Jazz Orchestra in the sextet’s 2018-2019 concert series. Artis-Naples’ Daniels Pavilion, Naples. 6 and 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 11 – Twin saxophonists Peter and Will Anderson perform in the Charlotte County Jazz Society’s concert series. William H. Wakeman III Theater, Cultural Center of Charlotte County. Port Charlotte. 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 13 – The Eddie Metz-Nicki Parrott-Rossano Sportiello trio. A South County Jazz Club concert at the Glenridge Performing Arts Center. Sarasota. 8 p.m.
- Friday, February 15 – Senegalese percussionist Aiyb Dieng & Friends perform in the Jazzy Nights concert series. Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center, Fort Myers. 7 p.m.
- Friday, February 15 – Pianist Herbie Hancock in concert. Ruth Eckerd Hall, Clearwater. 8 p.m.
- Saturday, February 23 – The 14th annual Punta Gorda Wine & Jazz Festival features saxophonist Gerald Albright, The Sax Pack (Jeff Kashiwa, Steve Cole and Kim Waters) and guitarist Matt Marshak. This has always been a smooth jazz event. Albright’s versatility and chops mean you might hear some real jazz for a change. Laishley Park, Punta Gorda. The music starts at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 27 – Trumpeter Chuck Findley guests with the Naples Philharmonic Jazz Orchestra in the sextet’s 2018-2019 concert series. Artis-Naples’ Daniels Pavilion, Naples. 6 and 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6 to Saturday March 9 – 39th annual Sarasota Jazz Festival. The talent lineup for this “Generations of Jazz”-themed event includes Shelly Berg, Randy Brecker, Bill Charlap, Roxy Coss, Dick Hyman, musical director and reed player Ken Peplowski, Houston Person, Randy Sandke, Mary Stallings, the University of Miami Big Band, and many others. Hyatt Regency Sarasota.
- Monday, March 11 – Pianist Jim Roberts’ Saxtet performs in the Charlotte County Jazz Society’s concert series. William H. Wakeman III Theater, Cultural Center of Charlotte County. Port Charlotte. 7 p.m.
- Sunday, March 24 – The Four Freshmen in concert. A South County Jazz Club concert at the Glenridge Performing Arts Center. Sarasota. 2 p.m.
Several local venues (including J.D.’s in Port Charlotte; 88 Keys Florida and The Blue Turtle in Punta Gorda; Amore, the Art Ovation Hotel and the Starlite Room in Sarasota; The Roadhouse and The Barrel Room at Twisted Vine Bistro in Fort Myers;, and Slate’s in Cape Coral), offer jazz steadily. A variety of matinee concerts sponsored all season by the Jazz Club of Sarasota and the South County Jazz Club also keep things swinging for jazz lovers.